Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UP vs UW

2 posters

Go down

UP vs UW Empty UP vs UW

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:16 pm

Well, the men played the Huskies today. The start time turned out to be !:00 instead of the 2:00 announced on the UW site or the 12:00 we were apparently told by the UP staff. the weather was nice enough that it didn't matter much. It was a great day to watch soccer.

That's about the most positive thing that can be said about the game. UP lost 3-1.

Frankly, even allowing for the typical situation of players out of position, this was not the Pilots best effort. I'm not the only one who thought so. players were even exhorting each other to wake up. They looked much better against the Timbers last week.

And here's my question for the day--- is there some sort of code I'm not aware of that says that you can't shoot virtually point blank shots on frame?
We are going to get the arborist to repair the tops of the trees if this keeps up....
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

UP vs UW Empty Re: UP vs UW

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:28 pm

That's too bad. Hopefully, the game was a learning experience. Did everyone play?
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:00 pm

Austin was the only keeper. he did OK. I don't think you could really blame the scores on him. One was an unmarked header from perhaps 6 yards, one was off a deflection, and the first was from pretty close in.

I think maybe Ryan Luke didn't play. They shuttled so many guys in and out it was hard to keep track. But yeah, I think most guys played.

The UP score was Collen? off a nice run to the end line by Frankie.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:04 am

I hope that the defense tightens up again, and the team can make some strides this year. The Frankie to Collen plays will be a lot more entertaining to watch if our defense can hold its own during the season. It's very early though...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum