Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pargo and Downs in dunk contest??

4 posters

Go down

Pargo and Downs in dunk contest?? Empty Pargo and Downs in dunk contest??

Post by mattywizz Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:15 pm

So I was at a bar tonight and they had ESPN on. They were showing the college 3pt and Slam Dunk contests. I was there long enough to watch the 3pt contest, but I left before the dunk contest started (I'm trying to hold out a couple years before I get that DUI, lame, I know). What confused me was that Micah Downs and Jeremy Pargo were both there and being interviewed. Since I didn't see them in the 3pt shootout, does that mean they were in the dunk contest...which is what really brings me to my point...

Is that the same Jeremy Pargo that was rim-checked on a breakaway dunk against Santa Clara at the WCC tourney...or does Gonzaga have two of those guys?

Actually, now I am really wishing I had stayed to watch it...might have actually been worth that DUI.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Pargo and Downs in dunk contest?? Empty Re: Pargo and Downs in dunk contest??

Post by HRZag Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:28 am

Pargo has had recurring back and leg issues over the course of the year, although that clanker against Santa Clara was a mystery. If you want to see Pargo dunk, just go to Youtube. There are many.

Downs actually won the quarterfinals of the Dunk contest with two big time throw downs (Downs, get it?)

In the semi's Pargo and Downs did the same thing, both missed their first dunks and then tried to do the exact same thing and clanked all three attempts. Oh well.

Did you miss the all-star game too? Heytveldt played very well and hit the game winner (3pt).

Bryant also played, but looked a bit lumbering. Simpson played and was very good.

HRZag
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 am

wow, just watched Downs' first dunks - very impressive actually.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:28 am

I actually did go on youtube (in hopes of finding his rim-check) and he actually does have some impressive dunks on there. He is actually more explosive than I thought.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:36 am

mattywizz wrote:I actually did go on youtube (in hopes of finding his rim-check) and he actually does have some impressive dunks on there. He is actually more explosive than I thought.

Last year he was REALLY explosive. I think his draft stock went down by staying at GU an extra year.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down