Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Cuban gets fined for Twittering...

4 posters

Go down

Mark Cuban gets fined for Twittering... Empty Mark Cuban gets fined for Twittering...

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 am

http://www.seattlepi.com/business/1700ap_bkn_mavericks_cuban_fined.html

What are your reactions to Mark Cuban getting fined for Twittering??? Does the NBA really feel like this is going to deter him from doing this again? I'm sure he's so scared now. affraid I understand that the NBA is a business, but, these are the types of things that just annoy me about the league to the point where I just don't watch nearly as much now. It's okay for one owner (Clay Bennett) to lie about his intentions to keep a team in his city, but, it's not okay for another to Twitter when he disagrees with a call. God knows that the refs of the NBA are the all-knowing infallable ones who never botch a call. I'm going to celebrate the day that Stern is out of the league.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Mark Cuban gets fined for Twittering... Empty Re: Mark Cuban gets fined for Twittering...

Post by mattywizz Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:14 am

I guess the freedom of speech doesn't cover "tweets."

Come to think about it, freedom of speech doesn't cover anyone being critical of The Association. I pretty much gave up on the NBA about 5 years ago.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Mark Cuban gets fined for Twittering... Empty Re: Mark Cuban gets fined for Twittering...

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:19 am

God knows that the refs of the NBA are the all-knowing infallable ones who never botch a call. I'm going to celebrate the day that Stern is out of the league.

Agreed... I like how the NBA hired a person after the whole Dounaghy much ado with nothing happening to watch over the officials and yet it seems, this season, as if the officiating has declined even further in quality. I've read multiple articles from journalists across the country decrying no less than 10-15 bad/blown calls A GAME.... It kind of takes the fun out of it when the rules are sporadically enforced and the outcome of games determined by people not on the other teams. As to the twittering about the call, Cuban is pretty much on double secret probation... he says anything remotely derogatory about the officials and the infallible NBA and boom $25K fine...

Maybe Big Game Dave should host a refereeing clinic for the NBA... Rolling Eyes
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:52 am

This still doesn't explain why he won't be my Facebook friend. WTF Mark?
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:26 pm

coldsmokeAT wrote:This still doesn't explain why he won't be my Facebook friend. WTF Mark?

LOL...maybe if you call him Markie Mark.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down