Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wash-Miss St.

+3
ShipstadPilot11
MesaPilot1
mattywizz
7 posters

Go down

Wash-Miss St. Empty Wash-Miss St.

Post by mattywizz Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Is Washington's game even being shown on TV today? Supposedly CBS goes off the air here between 5-7. Based on when the last game ended, UDub should start around 10 till. I don't know if every region has CBS on at the same time, but that would be kind of messed up if there wasn't an option to watch them, other than with the DirecTV package.

Also, I can't believe they haven't switched me to the Maryland-Cal game. I know that I am only like 20 minutes from the UConn campus, but seriously, they are up by like 50.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Wash-Miss St. Empty Re: Wash-Miss St.

Post by mattywizz Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm

I guess I spoke to soon, looks like Maryland is pulling away from Cal.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Matty,
]
If you have Direct-TV there's still a good chance to see it. Up in my 613 channel CBS Sportschannel I get awesome update's ,postgame's that I can switch back and forth between my local CBS and 613 Sportschannel (it's one of the 8 pic's from the sport's direct mix.

This is Killer, I did'nt have to pay any 81 buck's and just switch between two channels and get every game at practically every minute. Every pre-game,post-game news conference ,(Cant' wait for Bouldin open mouth and insert foot soon, immature like a freshman,junior in eligibility) Gotta give the senior's there credit at least pew has a leash on their pee conference's.

I'll do some more research, drunken ... cyclops , Go Husky's scratch I think???

MesaPilot1 Couch Potato Sign-Danger

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Somebody's reading,somebody's reading, Angelo we know it's you....)

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:17 pm

"That is a play worthy of an academy award!"
-Commentator (don't know who), regarding Overton's FLOP!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:40 pm

My first round picks are getting torched . . . I need UW to win this en route to the Elite Eight.

C'mon Huskies!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Rob's Jacket,

Did you have to take the Zag's over Zip's? With much thought and Embarassed , I had to. Otherwise I was afraid it would screw up my bracket. I'm secretly pulling for the Husky's too and Zip's for bracket sucess.

Zippity do dah,(all the way)

MesaPilot1

WOW, WHO SAW THAT BROCKMAN REBOUND, HE REALLY BOUNCED,MAN HE WILL BE SORE ON HIS HIP AFTER THE GAME!!!!

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:02 pm

MesaPilot1 wrote:Rob's Jacket,

Did you have to take the Zag's over Zip's? With much thought and Embarassed , I had to. Otherwise I was afraid it would screw up my bracket. I'm secretly pulling for the Husky's too and Zip's for bracket sucess.

Zippity do dah,(all the way)

Mesa - for years, I picked the Zags to lose in the first round, regardless of who they were playing. And every year, they punished me by going deep into the tournament. Finally, back in 2001-02, I picked them do go deep because I felt they were underrated as a 6 seed. How did they respond? By losing in the first round to Wyoming. I didn't think anything of it and went back to my old ways. Then last year, I felt the Zags were underrated as a 7, so I picked them in the Sweet Sixteen. How did they respond? By losing in the first round to Davidson.

I'm putting the Zags in the Sweet Sixteen.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:05 pm

I like that strategy Jacket Master. No matter what happens your happy. Either the Zags lose or your bracket does well.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Precisely. Now if the Zags get past UNC, then I'll be upset . . .

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Venoy Overton is the Cristiano Ronaldo of college basketball. Maybe Purdue will show him some old time Big 10 basketball. Or if they make the Sweet 16 he can meet UConn's Mr. Thabeet... Mad
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:14 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:Venoy Overton is the Cristiano Ronaldo of college basketball. Maybe Purdue will show him some old time Big 10 basketball. Or if they make the Sweet 16 he can meet UConn's Mr. Thabeet... Mad

The Big 10 is annoying...too many teams got in, and Mr. Thabeet goes down when a good guard goes right at him like Brandon Johnson did last year... But, yeah, I have UW going down to UConn. The Purdue game will be close though.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:17 pm

athleticjames wrote:
PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:Venoy Overton is the Cristiano Ronaldo of college basketball. Maybe Purdue will show him some old time Big 10 basketball. Or if they make the Sweet 16 he can meet UConn's Mr. Thabeet... Mad

The Big 10 is annoying...too many teams got in, and Mr. Thabeet goes down when a good guard goes right at him like Brandon Johnson did last year... But, yeah, I have UW going down to UConn. The Purdue game will be close though.

I've got UW beating UConn. Shocked

After managing to pick the ONE 5-12 upset that didn't happen, I'm not to confident in my predictions at the moment. I've also learned to never, ever, ever trust the state of Utah.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizeBluePurple Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:54 pm

I may be biased (growing up and still being a Michigan Fan), but 4 out of 7 big 10 teams made it into the second round. It looks like they deserved to get more than the 4 some people were saying only deserved in. a #5 was upset but that was offset with a 12 winning. The other two loosers were that out of line (a 10and an Cool. Would it have been nice for St. Marys to make in in instead of Ariz or Wisc? Yes, but both of those teams won so it seems as if they deserved to be there.
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:45 pm

athleticjames wrote:

Then someone else on UConn will have to get him. Unless Purdue gets them first, which I would gladly accept. The best part about the games tomorrow will be that the Huskies will be out of my city by tomorrow night.

Seriously, I didn't really notice him much in the Pilot game, but 10 minutes into the game yesterday and I was hoping the Huskies would lose so maybe I could see him cry.

BOILER UP!
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:31 am

NewUPFan wrote:Yes, but both of those teams won so it seems as if they deserved to be there.

I really don't like that logic. We hear commentators say that every year, but I disagree with it. By that logic I guess Florida State and Wake Forest should have been in the NIT because they did not win (obviously that is not true, but I am setting up a Straw Man, or maybe I am just missing the point). Anyway, I just don't think that you can say a team was justified to get in just because of something they do after the fact.

Crazy though that two "BCS" teams pulled off big upsets (based on seeds) in the first round. Usually those kind of teams just stink it up.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down