Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Pilot Story

5 posters

Go down

Random Pilot Story Empty Random Pilot Story

Post by Stonehouse Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Went to a concert at the Chapel last night that featured the UP Community Orchestra and the UP Singers. As you may or may not know, Jasonn is a music major and plays the double bass - my sister mentioned to me that he is the only guy she's ever seen who actually plays a real, full-sized double bass.

Anyway, Reveno and several players were there to support him... it was just cool to see all of them there going to a concert the day after a really tough overtime loss and when I'm sure all of them had other stuff going on that they probably rather would have been doing. It's little things like this that show how good our team chemistry is (a very under-rated factor in the Pilots' success this year, IMO) and how we've got a helluva a coach in Rev. I'm very happy he got the much-deserved WCC COY award!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Random Pilot Story Empty Re: Random Pilot Story

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Thanks for sharing that wonderful story Stonehouse. Yes, it is true for these college student/athletes there is life after their college days and isn't it wonderful the university offers them that opportunity.

In the middle of all of us nutjob monday morning coach's it's nice to know that Rev doe's intangible things like this. Our coach takes the time out of his busy schedule and family life to attend one of his reserve player's music concert. The University of Portland is fortunate to have a coach like him who not only get's the most out of his talented player's but also the most out of his "whole" team.
Just think we almost lost him to Stanford University.

What a great era to be a Portland Pilot Basketball fan with coach Rev. at the helm.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Jasonn is tons of fun to have in the orchestra. He's gotta be the only bass player who actually IS taller than his instrument in the orchestra, to boot!
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Drummer: Your homework assignment is to take a photo of Jasonn with the double bass. This is something I need to see. Very Happy

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:24 pm

I bet Jasonn was probably more nervous with his BB coach Rev. in the Audience then he is before a game Razz .

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:29 am

PilotNut wrote:Drummer: Your homework assignment is to take a photo of Jasonn with the double bass. This is something I need to see. Very Happy

Why don't you go to a concert and see for yourself!?!?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:24 am

I figured someone was going to say that... Wink

and I would like to... but I figured that a photo could be taken sooner than I could get to a concert... and then it could be shared with everyone!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:37 am

MesaPilot1 wrote:I bet Jasonn was probably more nervous with his BB coach Rev. in the Audience then he is before a game Razz .
I have a feeling he didn't see Rev coming in - I wasn't playing and so I saw him come in, but Jasonn was looking at his music (not a bad idea).

Rev took a photo...someone ask him for it. Twisted Evil
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:33 pm

PilotNut wrote:I figured someone was going to say that... Wink

and I would like to... but I figured that a photo could be taken sooner than I could get to a concert... and then it could be shared with everyone!

I didn't want to go there, but you were pretty much begging for it.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down