Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37

+7
DaTruRochin
Geezaldinho
mattywizz
Rochin54
PilotDrummer
aleppiek
Stonehouse
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37 Empty Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37

Post by Stonehouse Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:08 am

Have seen/heard some ads for this... how cool is it that we can watch both games? I love it!

Thursday: at San Diego, 7 pm

Saturday: at Santa Clara, 3pm

Be sure to note the early start time on Saturday.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37 Empty Re: Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37

Post by aleppiek Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:28 am

Stupid DirecTV!
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37 Empty Re: Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 am

aleppiek wrote:Stupid DirecTV!
amen to that.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:45 am

Actually, I believe that if you have the DirectTV sports package, you will be able to get the Saturday game. I believe ComcastSportsNW is the problem with dish providers, whereas they provide the other regional comcast channels. While I don't think Thursday's game is carried on another regional comcast channel, saturday's is being carried, I believe by ComcastSports Bay Area. So, you should be able to get that with the sports package.....I think.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:57 am

PilotDrummer wrote:
aleppiek wrote:Stupid DirecTV!
amen to that.

Actually, I prefer: Stupid Comcast!
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:37 pm

mattywizz wrote:Actually, I prefer: Stupid Comcast!

Stupid television programming providers!

Rochin54 wrote:Actually, I believe that if you have the DirectTV sports package, you will be able to get the Saturday game. I believe ComcastSportsNW is the problem with dish providers, whereas they provide the other regional comcast channels. While I don't think Thursday's game is carried on another regional comcast channel, saturday's is being carried, I believe by ComcastSports Bay Area. So, you should be able to get that with the sports package.....I think.

So your tellin me there's a chance Smile
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:52 am

What am I missing? The game tonight is not showing up on my Comcast menu quide! Crying or Very sad

I've got the DVR set for Saturday's game, at least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:52 am

Let's hope that the Uconn-Pitt game is NOT the offering.

I'll be pretty disapointed if I get home from the women's game and that's what's on the tape.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:06 am

No way Dick Vitale and the rest of the Big East sucklers at ESPN would allow that on CSN...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:57 am

The CSN NW website confirms the game tonight; look in the top right corner: LINK

I think one of our earlier televised games this year didnt relfect on the Digital Cable listing, so I had to create a manual recording on the DVR, and it caught the game just fine...

(remember how you had to do stuff like that when setting the VCR to record? Did I set it to record and the right speed for how much tape was left?! Ugh! Wink ).

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:08 pm

What's a VCR?
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:21 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:What's a VCR?

Not too far from the truth. I had the girl next door ask me why my CD's were so big when she looked at the record collection.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:36 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:What's a VCR?

A VCR, that is one of those thingys that plays those doohickeys. Unfortunately the last movie released on doohickey was "A History of Violence" starring Viggo Mortensen.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:38 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:Let's hope that the Uconn-Pitt game is NOT the offering.

I'll be pretty disapointed if I get home from the women's game and that's what's on the tape.

UCONN and Pitt don't play until the 7th. I actually was at their game last week and wish I could go to the re-match. Blair is a beast.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 pm

The Comcast guide calls for a "classic" Big East game, from several years ago. Who would care about that?

Back to top Go down

Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37 Empty What the Heck?

Post by MesaPilot1 Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Hitting my head agai Hey guys would someone explain to me in Layman's terms why Direct-TV is not able to get the PU-USD game tonight? What the fu@k? 'How come I could get Comcast before. Who wants to watch Pepperdine vrs St. Mary's game over PU's vrs San Diego game on the West Coast.

Ok, OK I am going to let it all hang out. Samhan is somewhat overated, he looked like he was wearing concrete boots against the Zag's in the Kennel. I is my opinion Simpson has not improved his game Sleep one bit since his Sophmore year,there should'nt be as big of void in their lineup next year when he's gone as I imagined.The only two that are interesting to watch are Mickey McConnel and Wayne Hunter cheers as their improving. Sorry Freak,MJ,.... just had to get it out, I alway's cheer for the Gaels against the Zag's and other's. Not this game when I have to watch the 3rd place team at home against the 8th place team that UP smoked by 30, when I would like to be watching the 2nd place team in action in what should be a much more competive game.

This from a guy who has watched in person or TV almost every game Mickey McConnell has played since the 6th grade. I feel better, the Gaels are just so predictible without Mill's its like the old days watching 6 on 6 (3 on each side)half-court womens HS ball in the Midwest watching Oleary cyclops , and Hughes cyclops miss 3 ptr's perpetually. OH I FEEL BETTER NOW.PLEASE Patty Mills Rolling Eyes hurry back soon if I have to be tortured tonight to watch them destroy Pepperdine in that Gym that's smaller than McConnell's HS gym scratch (at least the lighting's better this yr).

Oh well I still thing the Gael's are a great team with Mill's, and Randy Bennet (sp) is an excellent coach. I feel bad for St.Mary's as some of the "Negative Nancy's" tried to throw THE COACH under the bus during the short losing streak. If Portland fan's had done that to Rev. he would have been gone at the end of his 2nd yr. It would'nt have been to the Stanford Job either!!! Just giving my small "critique's " of some of the annoited "Gods "on the Gaels. Oh, I better go take a Valium or Xannex and calm down . Go Portland first, I still want the Gaels to win in preparation of pounding Gonzaga in Tourney.. Anybody that beat's Gonzaga in the WCC tourney this yr is OK in my book.IT WOULD BE GREAT TO FACE THE GAEL'S IN THE WCC CHAMPIONSHIP. 2ND PLACE WOULD BE...being able to watch Portland's cheers offense tonight, then a Sleep at a small HS gym. If they interview Mill's one more time during the game or at half I'm going to JUMP INTO THE GRAND CANYON after I Pull Hair pull my hair out. Pull Hair .

Mindless dribble make's me feel better, oh well its off to listen to "Got it's" from Tom when Jarred or TJ nail one tonight. Very Happy

@I guess I should have posted this on the Gael's site, but maybe some of you guy's can relate. OH, if I wasn't 1100+ miles away I might be headed for the T-Room.

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : no particular reason,I DISLIKE GONZAGA.Jeremy Pargo for least improved player of year in WCC)

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Shocked

This is why I love having MesaPilot1 on the board.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 874

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:34 pm

He's like our own badass, cantankerous, pilot frenzied version of Andy Rooney... Pretty much makes my day every time he unleashes on whom/whatever...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Dude, you just used about 12 icons in one post. Is that a PN record?!! I appreciate your frustration. Direct TV is bleep. Beating a Dead Horse Bad PC Evil or Very Mad
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:02 pm

athleticjames wrote:Dude, you just used about 12 icons in one post. Is that a PN record?!! I appreciate your frustration. Direct TV is bleep. Beating a Dead Horse Bad PC Evil or Very Mad

FANatic can use 12 icons in the preamble to one of his missives.

Apparently Mesa hasn't figured out the colored text feature yet.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:16 pm

(Reason for editing : no particular reason,I DISLIKE GONZAGA.Jeremy Pargo for least improved player of year in WCC

Dare I say best reason for editing... EVER??

But yeah, FAN operates on a completely different realm when it comes to icons... Not to mention the usage of bold letters, different colors and fonts... Soccer needs to start up again so we can behold some of his aesthetic wonders...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:21 pm

MesaPilot1 wrote:Hitting my head agai Hey guys would someone explain to me in Layman's terms why Direct-TV is not able to get the PU-USD game tonight?

Well, it basically boils down to this. Paul Allen owns CSNNW and wants to make money selling Blazer Games to DirectTV.

The satellite companies don't want to pay what he wants, so he's holding the rest of his network, which includes UP games, hostage.

The negotiations are currently in this stage Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37 Handbags
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:48 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:
The negotiations are currently in this stage Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37 Handbags

At least you don't have Dish Network in Portland or Seattle... Haha those people haven't had ABC since mid december... Then again the CSN saga has been going on for a year and a half... Oh to be a billionaire....

Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37 Allhail
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Both Games This Weekend on Comcast 37 Empty Doesn't Paul Allen have enough money already?

Post by MesaPilot1 Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:52 pm

A frustrated secret admirer of Paul Allen's. Not to change the subject ,but when computer/new money/? money guys like him and Mark Cuban hit the Lottery they don't know what to do with it so they buy a Pro sports team. Turn it into their personal little X-box or Wii then Make a Jack-Ass out of themselve's. Then bleed the heck out of their other investments,because they have no clue how to run a sport's team. The Mav's would have sucked without Don Nelson so don't even go there with Cuban. The owner who traded 2-time MVP Nash,

Enough of Negative MesaPilot afro ,

JUST WIN BABY! ONE FOR THE MESA! GO PILOT BASKETBALL! BEAT THE TORREOS

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:04 pm

Phew, the coverage started! I was worried the rollerderby would go into overtime... it was such a close match (or is it game? series? set of laps?)

Feel free to drop by the Pilot Nation ChatBox! click on "home" and then scroll to the bottom of the page...

GO PILOTS!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next