Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 2010 Recruit

+11
East coast
southanericanfan
GUPhantom
onetouchfutbol
Auto Pilot
SoreKnees
wrv
aleppiek
mattywizz
Geezaldinho
UPSoccerFanatic
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New 2010 Recruit - Page 2 Empty Re: New 2010 Recruit

Post by GUPhantom Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:07 pm

UP has done well very with our recruiting classes. We always bring in a solid class...but they've been typically underated nationally. Top 5 rarely....Top 10...sometimes? However, the frequent playoff appearances...deep runs...and of course...2 National Championships... speaks volumes about the quality of the program and the type of players who come here to play. No doubt UP is the best in the business with player development and team building. We get the most bang for the buck...that's for sure! I had thought Dorrance's legal problems might have changed the recruiting game...but..not so much..if at all?

What irks me about UNC personally runs deeper. Off the top of my head...do you realize we are 0-8 in head-to-head matches with the Tarheels? They've own us. We've never beaten them. I'd like to see the Pilots battle UNC in a College Cup Final...and whoop em! A win over them in a CC Final would validate so much for me personally! And I think...send a more effective message to the soccerworld...that there's a new Sherrif in town!

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:02 pm

Well, we're 0-8, but In a couple of our best years, they couldn't get deep enough to even play us.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:01 pm

That's all I'm saying really! I'd like to see us kick their butts and take the pot when its..."all in" ...time!! That's a match I would seriously consider flying to wherever to watch cheers

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:44 pm

We've got one tie in there against UNC, at Merlo, in 2002. Should have won it, as we outplayed them. Also, I hardly count our quadruple overtime semi-final loss to them at NC State in 1998 as a loss, especially since we almost certainly cost them their title game loss that year to Florida.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:51 pm

I wasn't "yet"...a Pilot Soccer enthusiast when that historic quadruple overtime game was played. BUT... I've since learned a lot about its significance! Though we lost that game....it was a defining moment for the UP progrem!!! Wasn't this the game where someone was quoted on describing the match...excuse me....I'm paraphrasing..."A well coached team versus individual superstars?" And wasn't this the same game that Clive changed the Pilots style of play to what it is today? I just want to see the Pilots stamp more of their defining moments on UNC's forehead...with a big W! Oooo Yah!! Twisted Evil

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:41 pm

GUPhantom wrote:I wasn't "yet"...a Pilot Soccer enthusiast when that historic quadruple overtime game was played. BUT... I've since learned a lot about its significance! Though we lost that game....it was a defining moment for the UP progrem!!! Wasn't this the game where someone was quoted on describing the match...excuse me....I'm paraphrasing..."A well coached team versus individual superstars?"Twisted Evil

GO PILOTS!!!

The statement was, "One well coached soccer team vs 20 high school All Americans," and it was as true as true could be.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by KFTC Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:24 pm

We've got one tie in there against UNC, at Merlo, in 2002. Should have won it, as we outplayed them. Also, I hardly count our quadruple overtime semi-final loss to them at NC State in 1998 as a loss, especially since we almost certainly cost them their title game loss that year to Florida.

It was at UNC Greensboro, and the Florida players did acknowledge UP and the players for wearing down UNC for them...UNC's "top" players played more in that game than they had all season; they were used to logging about 50-60 minutes per game, and they logged considerably more than that, that night.

... And wasn't this the same game that Clive changed the Pilots style of play to what it is today? ...

It wasn't done in 1 game...the new formation was installed at the beginning of the season, and it was a season-long transformation for the team. Easy transition to make when you have the type of senior leadership that team had.
KFTC
KFTC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:49 pm

Amanda Frisbie, one of our 2010 recruits Playes in Youth Soccer for North Texas ODP. A couple weeks ago, they won the Youth Soccer championships at Pizza Hut ark.

Here's a video of the championships someone pointed out to me. I thought it was worth sending along because it includes a short interview with Amanda at the start, and a couple of microsecond clips of her playing.

Youth Soccer finals

Enjoy!
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Charney Burk and new 2010 recruits Ellen Parker & Michelle Cruz have been invited to the upcoming U.S. U-20 and U-18 WNT training camp in Boulder Colorado.
U.S. U-20 and U-18 WNT HEAD TO BOULDER, COLO. FOR TRAINING CAMPS: The U.S. Under-20 and Under-18 Women’s National Teams will hold training camps at the University of Colorado in mid-July, with the U-20s camp running from July 11-18 and the U-18s in camp from July 9-16. Both teams will square off against the Canadian U-20 Women’s Team, with the U.S. U-20s playing their northern rivals twice and the U-18s playing them once. Both U.S. U-20 head coach Jillian Ellis and U.S. U-18 head coach Dave Chesler have called in 24 players, all of whom are in consideration for spots on the U.S. team that will attempt to qualify for the 2010 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup to be held in Germany next summer. The cut-off date for that tournament is players born on after January 1, 1990. Ellis’ roster consists mostly of players born in 1990 and 1991, with three 1992s (forward Maya Hayes, midfielder Samantha Mewis and defender Crystal Dunn) while Chesler’s roster consists of players born in 1991 and 1992, with one 1993. The U.S. U-20s will face Canada on July 14 and July 16 while the U-18s will get their shot on July 19. Both the U.S. U-18s and U-20s may pick up another match against local teams. The U.S. U-20 WNT will attempt to qualify for the Women’s World Cup next January during a CONCACAF event in Guatemala. Eight players in the U-20 camp were a part of the USA’s runner-up squad at the 2008 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup late last year in New Zealand, including Vicki DiMartino, who became the first U.S. player to score in five straight matches at a WWC tournament.

U.S. U-20 WNT Training Camp Roster:
GOALKEEPERS (2): Bianca Henninger (Santa Clara; Los Gatos, Calif.), Taylor Vancil (Louisville; South Elgin, Ill.);
DEFENDERS (7): Amber Brooks (North Carolina; New Hope, Pa.), Vicki DiMartino (Boston College; Massapequa, N.Y.), Crystal Dunn (Albertson SC; Rockville Centre, N.Y.), Rachel Lenz (Lonestar; Round Rock, Texas), Whitney Sharpe (UCLA; West Des Moines, Iowa), Courtney Verloo (Stanford; Tualitin, Oregon), Beth West (Texas A & M; Centennial, Colo.);
MIDFIELDERS (9): Charney Burk (Portland; North Tuscan, Calif.), Zakiya Bywaters (UCLA; Las Vegas, Nev.), Sunzanne Dennis (Brentwood Real Madrid; Franklin, Tenn.), Elizabeth Eddy (So Cal Blues, Costa Mesa, Calif.), Katy Frierson (Auburn; Birmingham, Ala.), Kristie Mewis (Boston College; Hanson, Mass.), Samantha Mewis (Scorpion SC; Hanson, Mass.), Jenna Richmond (McLean SC; Centreville, Va.), Casey Short (Florida State; Naperville, Ill.);
FORWARDS (6): Maya Hayes (Aristics Club; West Orange, N.J.), Sydney Leroux (UCLA; Pheonix, Ariz.), Tiffany McCarty (Florida State; Laurel, Md.), Alex Newfield (GSA Pheonix Red; Decature, Ga.), Toni Pressley (Florida State; Melbourne, Fla.), Molly Thomas (University of Nebraska; Omaha Neb.)

U.S. U-18 WNT Training Camp Roster:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Emily Lillard (K.C. Comets; Overland Park, Kansas), Anna Sieloff (Vardar; Troy, Mich.), Kelsey Wys (Parkland; Coral Springs, Fla.);
DEFENDERS (5): Torri Allen (Mclean; Stafford, Va.), Mollie Pathman (Triangle FC; Durham, N.C.), Kendall Romine (So Cal Blues; Coto de Caza, Calif.), Courtney Smith (Dallas Texans; Houston, Texas.), Carrie Whigham (Sereno SC; Phoenix, Ariz.);
MIDFIELDERS (Cool: Alex Crown (Space Coast United; Orlando, Fla.), Juliann Jeffrey (Dallas Texans; Richardson, Texas), Sarah Killion (Fort Wayne Fever; Fort Wayne, Indian.) Mandy Laddish (Blue Valley Stars; Lee’s Summit, Mo.), Lauren Mathesen (So Cal Blues; Mission Viejo, Calif.), Ellen Parker (Sereno; Paradise Valley, Ariz.); Ahsha Smith (Pleasanton; Oakland, Calif.), Annie Steinlage (Michigan Hawks; Grand Haven, Mich.);
FORWARDS (Cool: Hayley Brock (FC Stars of Mass.; Acton, Mass.), Kelly Cobb (Cook Inlet Velocity; Chugiak, Alaska), Michelle Cruz (Slammers; Thousand Oaks, Calif.), Samantha Johnson (Real So Cal; Palmdale, Calif.) Natalia Ledezma (Slammers; La Mirada, Calif.), Ariana Martinez (Real So Cal; Moorpark, Calif.), Kealia Ohai (Utah Avalanche; Draper, Utah), Chioma Ubogagu (D’Feeters; Coppell, Texas)

U.S. U-20 and U-18 Camp Schedule
Date Match Venue
July 14 U.S. U-20 vs. Canada U-20 Boulder, Colo.
July 16 U.S. U-20 vs. Canada U-20 Boulder, Colo.
July 19 U.S. U-18 vs. Canada U-20 Boulder, Colo.

Psychotic
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2