Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stohl and Campbell Top 20 in True Shooting%, Effective FG%

4 posters

Go down

Stohl and Campbell Top 20 in True Shooting%, Effective FG% Empty Stohl and Campbell Top 20 in True Shooting%, Effective FG%

Post by Stonehouse Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:45 am

According to Ken Pomeroy:

http://kenpom.com/team.php?y=2009&team=Portland

Some of the stats are a bit wonky, but true shooting percentage and effective FG percentage are commonly enough used for this to be really dang impressive.

Effective FG% accounts for 3pts made, and true shooting percentage accounts for 3ptrs and free throws.

Basically, they both gauge the efficiency of a player's offensive game. UP is the only team in the country with 2 players in the Top 20.

Also randomly... Stohl is #2 in the country in fouls committed per 40 minutes. (Only 1.2 per 40 minutes.) Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Stohl and Campbell Top 20 in True Shooting%, Effective FG% Empty Re: Stohl and Campbell Top 20 in True Shooting%, Effective FG%

Post by mattywizz Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Stonehouse wrote:

Also randomly... Stohl is #2 in the country in fouls committed per 40 minutes. (Only 1.2 per 40 minutes.) Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

Since he plays for the Good Guys, let's take it as a good thing.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Stohl and Campbell Top 20 in True Shooting%, Effective FG% Empty Re: Stohl and Campbell Top 20 in True Shooting%, Effective FG%

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:39 pm

mattywizz wrote:
Stonehouse wrote:

Since he plays for the Good Guys, let's take it as a good thing.

Although it could be what is contributing to Luke Sikma's 5.6 per 40 thus only allowing him on the floor half the time...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:43 pm

I find it kind of interesting the way they divide up the roles. TJ and Jared both "role players" I would probably consider both of them as "significant contributors."
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Jasonn is a 'role player', while Kramer is a 'limited role'?? Shocked I guess that proves that some players do things that don't show up in the stats!

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:58 pm

mattywizz wrote:I find it kind of interesting the way they divide up the roles. TJ and Jared both "role players" I would probably consider both of them as "significant contributors."

Good point. As long as we're talking stats, I still would love to see what Raivio's EFF rating is for the year. I'm sure that it's gone down a bit in recent games, but, in the first three quarters of the season it was up near 23 in so many games. He was just killing it...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down