Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots Offer Joe Harris, SG/SF From Chelan?

4 posters

Go down

Pilots Offer Joe Harris, SG/SF From Chelan? Empty Pilots Offer Joe Harris, SG/SF From Chelan?

Post by Stonehouse Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:18 pm

According to the Zag board, yes. And not only that, but Rev himself was seen at his high school gym for his game last weekend.

http://www.guboards.com/showpost.php?p=362603&postcount=6

The Zag board talks about him a lot... he plays at a small school (like 1A) in Washington but is supposed to be very, very good. Generally this is Gonzaga's turf (Heytvelt, Pendergraft, etc.) but now that GU seems to only be recruiting Canada and off the Scout Top 100... who knows? He's a junior, so he could probably come in right away and play, replacing Nik. And heck, if we win 20 or so games this year... that might make us a lot more enticing.

GO GET 'EM REV!!!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Pilots Offer Joe Harris, SG/SF From Chelan? Empty Re: Pilots Offer Joe Harris, SG/SF From Chelan?

Post by piloted Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:22 am

I believe Pilots have offered several local kids for 2010 as well: garrett jackson (westview) holt (jesuit) richards (roosevelt); it seems like rev is doing his part, hopefully pilots get some traction from their success on the court so far. does anyone know if Hegarty loses a year of eligibility this year? I thought that redshirting players usually did not suit up but I really have no idea.

piloted
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Pilots Offer Joe Harris, SG/SF From Chelan? Empty Re: Pilots Offer Joe Harris, SG/SF From Chelan?

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:52 am

piloted wrote:I believe Pilots have offered several local kids for 2010 as well: garrett jackson (westview) holt (jesuit) richards (roosevelt); it seems like rev is doing his part, hopefully pilots get some traction from their success on the court so far. does anyone know if Hegarty loses a year of eligibility this year? I thought that redshirting players usually did not suit up but I really have no idea.

As long as he doesn't play a minute, He still has his redshirt year going.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:28 am

Never seen a guy lose his redshirt that way,but Hegarty might lose his if their playing red's against the black's in practice. He may have to turn his redshirt over and be on the blackshirted team.J/k man am I a smart aleck today, sorry.

Ive never , ever seen anybody lose a year of eligibility for sitting on the bench and not playing. But, with other team's there might be something fishy going on, who know's. Rev and UP don't allow that garbage to happen in the Pilot program. Just my guess but I think Hegarty is fortunate to be allowed to return to the team(Nothing scandalous,so don't get all butt hurt and attack me). I think he realize's that.I would have liked a 160 thousand dollar four year scholly. But when they were giving them out 28 yrs ago 40 k would get you a good piece of knowledge for 4 years in college.No free SUV's or Loan's for the Pilot's,I luv it.

Happy Friday the 13 affraid ,

MesaPilot1-65 degrees and Cool

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down