Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd place in WCC

4 posters

Go down

2nd place in WCC Empty 2nd place in WCC

Post by girlhoops Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:21 pm

Great game girls. What a great weekend you all had. It is ashame you girls get more support. All I hear is how the men are in second place, so I guess with you in second place also it doesn't matter. Well just to let you know. We are very pround of what you girls have done. What a great game today. Being down by 13 and coming back to win.

girlhoops
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

2nd place in WCC Empty Re: 2nd place in WCC

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:34 pm

No. It matters a lot. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the weekend they had. I follow the women when I can like several fans here, but we're usually busy with the men's games on the same days the women are on the road.

Another reason the men are getting so much attention is because they have not been anywhere near second place, nor have they had a home game for first in the WCC, for many, many years.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:54 pm

The women are also having an amazing WCC season... I will certainly be attending the next home game... Feb. 12th, 7pm, vs. USF.

Big game for the ladies, Thursday, too: at 1st place Gonzaga.

GO PILOTS!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:33 am

The women's results have been rather impressive. The men garner the lion's share of the attention due to how lackluster they've been over a very long period (think about it, how many coaching changes for the men since Sollars got to the bluff?) and have more folks in attendance, but our ladies are doing very well. If this is Sollars' last year (and I've heard talk that it is), a good finish to the season would be a great send-off for him.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down