Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LMU vs. Seattle U on FSN

+2
onetouchfutbol
PilotNut
6 posters

Go down

LMU vs. Seattle U on FSN Empty LMU vs. Seattle U on FSN

Post by PilotNut Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:28 pm

6:30pm tip-off, 2 future UP opponents. Airing on FSN.

This will be an interesting game to watch, at KeyArena... Hopefully LMU can get their first W of the year... and to check out our Sunday opponent. (I am all for SU back in the WCC, too, eventually!)
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

LMU vs. Seattle U on FSN Empty Re: LMU vs. Seattle U on FSN

Post by PilotNut Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:52 am

A nice crowd on hand to witness an ugly game... SU wins 49-39.

LMU looked awful, but with only 9 healthy players...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Yeah, I read that LMU is like 0-15 or 0-16 now. With the RPI of teams like LMU hurting our conference more than Seattle U would, maybe they'll be joining the WCC sooner instead of later...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

LMU vs. Seattle U on FSN Empty lmu problems

Post by upsailor Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:19 pm

Re LMU - Seattle U gaame, the TV announcers were commenting on their coaching problems. Thier head coach Bayo, who as hired earlier laat year, left in early Nov. due to " personal problems". An assistant coach is now in charge, and one of their asst. coaches is Jason Levy who was an assitant coach for Rob Chaves in the late ninetys'.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:20 pm

Bayno's status is really perplexing.Maybe Ironlions can stop by and give us an update.

This is kinda a touchy issue, but I would think his leaving before the Notre Dame and the colllaspe of this years squad very unfortunate. The only thing I could compare it to for the Pilot's would be Rev leaving the day of the PSU game and Nik and TJ getting hurt shortly after. They have been decimated by injuries and I was hoping they would be improved this year. I was wanting the Pilot's and LMU to both move up in the conference standings. The transfer's next year looks like it will make them great on paper. But, this year Zaggete's have ton's of talented individual player's and they have really been struggling lately.

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:33 pm

The LMU-Bayno situation is indeed a head scratcher. scratch I am starting to wonder if Bayno will be back at all?

LMU has some great incoming talent; I have to wonder, though, if the Bayno situation and/or the W-L record so far will have any of those players reconsidering their decision...? I hope not... No

What about the future recruiting? Would any younger guys want to commit to LMU in it's current situation? pale
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:47 am

My dad was at the same hotel LMU stayed at for NYE before their bout with the Redhawks, he made a point to talk to some smack to the players in the breakfast line oh behalf of the Hawks and the Pilots (my little bro bucked the family trend and went to SU)... I just wish he knew pops knew the fight song.

Anyway he said the LMU players looked like a team that was ready to lose even before Seattle U embarrassed them. I mean i know it's nice having some cupcakes in the conference, but what's the point if everyone else beats them too??
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by IronLions Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:46 pm

Sorry for the delay but here is a brief update on LMU if any one cares to read.

Bayno worked himself like a dog since the first day he got the job at LMU. He was flying all over the world recruiting, assessing what players to keep (not many!) and whom to release from last year. He was also building a staff and doing a lot of interviews to getting press for our program.

He has really brought a lot of hope to our program. All the expectations and enthusiasm from the fans, students, alumni and players caused a lot of pressure and Bayno just didn’t’ handle it the right way. He was staying up all night watching tape, not exercising, not eating right etc. All this pressure caused a lot of anxiety and it seems finally his body need to call a time out. From what I had heard he is doing better, but information is very hard to get. No one really knows if and when he will return. The base case scenario is sits out the rest of the season and comes back next year to a full roster and transfers eligible.

Things would be much easier to come back this year if we didn’t have so many injuries. We basically have four of starters out, three of them for the year. That is just cruel. Our team is composed of three freshmen (Dubois scored 39 points the other night ) , who are playing very well despite our record, two walk ons who were given scholarships, an undersized sophomore, and a useless senior center. We also have two other walk ons. With a team like this it is not surprising we are 1-15. Good news is Vernon Teel who was averaging 19ppg a game will be back in about 2 weeks. We will at least be more competitive and our freshman won’t have to play 35-40 minutes a game.

If Bayno doesn’t come back, my guess the HC position will be given to Max Good the active head coach. He is a fiery old coach who has a lot of experience. We should be able to keep most of the roster as they seem to like Good and the assistants Scholl and Levy. Vinson the prize recruit will be a question mark, but Garibay and Kalipinde will come for sure. Scholl ran a lot basketball camps in Africa and has a lot of recruiting contacts.

Well I guess it wasn’t too brief of a summary. Nothing is for me when I talk about LMU hoops.

Good luck against the Zags tonight…I will be rooting for you.
IronLions
IronLions
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Thanks! I hope we have even better luck tomorrow night when we play. Laughing

Good luck to you guys too. Sounds like a brutal situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:28 am

Thanks for the update Ironlions, you are truely the "Stonehouse equvilant" on the LMT site that stonehouse is to us. Bayno being an EX-Blazer is always a perdinent topic in the Portland area. Thank you very much and come back any time.

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down