Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sounders

+6
Stonehouse
PurplePrideTrumpet
DaTruRochin
ragingplatapus49
onetouchfutbol
Islander
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Sounders - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sounders

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:05 am

Purplegeezer wrote:
mattywizz wrote:Couple questions, should the Pilots goal have been overturned, or did he not touch it? Looked offsides to me.

Also, how many years did Keller play at Merlo? I specifically remember watching him play at the old field.

1) those refs are payed professionals. they know what they are doing. It looks like there may have been two Sounders keeping him on whether he touched it or not. Look just before the goal and you'll see the two players to his right. one circles around him and runs out of the picture down the goal line.
I don't know that he touched it anyway.

2) the UP record book shows he played from 1988-91 and compiled a G.A av. of .64 GPG, which is still the UP record.

Merlo opened for the 1990 season.

I believe the success of the men's 1988 team which went to the men's College Cup Final Four while Kasey was the keeper was what allowed to create the enthusiasm for having Merlo built. Correct me if I'm wrong. It was 2 years before I was a student and had the pleasure of watching both Kasey and Tiffany play. There were some exceptional players on that team, and hopefully the team will return to having that kind of success sometime soon...

------------------------------

Thanks for the pics, Ohyeah. Those are excellent.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:55 am

Purplegeezer wrote:

1) those refs are payed professionals. they know what they are doing.

Geez, very diplomatic answer. Just because you know what you are doing doesn't mean you don't make mistakes...

Thanks for the Keller answer, that was what I thought, but was too lazy to do the research myself.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Offsides is one of the toughest calls to get right sometimes... Although I would say that overall IMO refs tend to do a better job of calling offsides than flopping on the whole...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2