Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can FIFA PLEASE Try to Crack Down on This

+3
DaTruRochin
Geezaldinho
Stonehouse
7 posters

Go down

Can FIFA PLEASE Try to Crack Down on This - Page 2 Empty Re: Can FIFA PLEASE Try to Crack Down on This

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:16 pm

Okay, here's a pet peeve I have:

When there's a controversial decision, why do the players on the team the call went against surround the referee for an extended b1tch session? If I could change the laws I would make it a caution for everyone who wants to participate in one of these "discussions." Rant
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Can FIFA PLEASE Try to Crack Down on This - Page 2 Empty Re: Can FIFA PLEASE Try to Crack Down on This

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:06 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:Hard for Freddy to dive sitting on the bench for Monaco.

HEY-OOO! rimshot

I'm with SciFi on the problems for referees. When guys start diving it can be hard to tell when someone really is hurt, and when someone does go down away from the ball the referee is probably not going to see what happened. Take Zidane's headbutt at the World Cup: The fourth official had to tell the referee because it was away from the play.

I could see some problems in determining if the player was faking or not, but really, you can tell most times when someone is coming off injured and will not be returning.

Now, I keep hearing leagues say they're going to review game film and fine players found to be diving, but I don't hear about any players actually being caught. Does any league actually do this?

Actually, Freddy's dive was for the national team, not Monaco.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down