Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible recruit

Go down

Possible recruit Empty Possible recruit

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:13 pm

Here's a story about Jacob Williams from Arizona who seems to be a pretty good player and who's coaches think he should be D1 Material

It sounds like D2 Humbolt state will offer him a scholarship, but his school and club coaches think he's D1 material. UP is listed as one of the schools his club coach has been talking to.

“I’d like to see some (NCAA) D-I teams take a look at him,” Gibbs said.

Humboldt State University, a Division II school in northern California, has shown a lot of interest in Williams.

Williams visited the campus in Arcata, Calif., and liked what he saw. All indications are that Humboldt will offer Williams a scholarship once the soccer season is over, but the senior is keeping his options open.

Other schools Williams has been in contact with include UNLV, the University of New Mexico, Mesa State (Colo.), Colorado State (Pueblo) and the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.

TSA head coach Jeff Rodgers and Williams’ other club coaches are speaking to other D-I schools on the Safford senior’s behalf, including the University of San Diego and the University of Portland, among others.

It seems he might break Arizona's prep scoring record....

http://www.eacourier.com/articles/2008/12/03/sports/doc49357c9e3b3de450359407.txt
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Possible recruit Empty Re: Possible recruit

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Mesa, you got a report for us? I'm waiting. . .

Back to top Go down