Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots Getting Votes to Be Ranked!!!

+3
DTLegend
mattywizz
Stonehouse
7 posters

Go down

Pilots Getting Votes to Be Ranked!!! Empty Pilots Getting Votes to Be Ranked!!!

Post by Stonehouse Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:56 am

... in the Mid-Major Top 25, of course:

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

Ha ha... sorry. Had to.

But still... nice to know we're getting some love. I think we were ranked in this during the great start to the 2004-05 season, Pooh's junior year when we were 9-3 with close losses to Northwestern (3 points), Oregon State (3 points), and Washington State (1 point). Gosh... that year... went 11-4 in the pre-season with lots of good wins. Damn the WCC was tough that year... sigh...

And actually, I think we got ranked in it the year before as well (2003-04) when we started off 5-1 and had crazy wins over OSU on the road, an eventual Sweet 16 Nevada team at home, and we beat New Mexico at New Mexico. Jeesh... that was insane. And remember? We were leading the country in three-point shooting heading into the game at Duke that ruined that season? Oh man... that was painful.

See... I shouldn't do this to myself. I was so pumped at the beginning of 03-04 and especially 04-05... I just really, really hope that this team can carry this momentum, confidence, and mental toughness all the way through the season. I believe they can!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Pilots Getting Votes to Be Ranked!!! Empty Re: Pilots Getting Votes to Be Ranked!!!

Post by mattywizz Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:18 am

I notice that Ritchie McKay (Liberty) is one of the voters. What is that his 12th job in the last 7 years?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Pilots Getting Votes to Be Ranked!!! Empty Re: Pilots Getting Votes to Be Ranked!!!

Post by DTLegend Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:08 pm

Thats impressive considering who votes. a lot of those teams and coaches are outside the WCC. Looks like UP is getting some love from around the mid-major landscape. Also impressive that a lot of the teams around us were tournament teams last year.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Nice. Way to keep us posted.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:45 pm

I urge everyone to sneak a peek at the current RPI.

RealTimeRPI

Who knows how long it will stay there..
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:27 pm

Third best in conference. Nice. Of course, the stats confirm what I saw on the tube; the Zags look like a monster. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:40 pm

And it climbed 13 slots today while we were all on the couch! Gotta love it.....
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:30 pm

May I add that I find it funny that we are ranked ahead of Portland State and the Notre Dame Fighting MacAlarneys!!
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:36 pm

Once Luke gets back, they'll again be the fighting harangodys
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Hahaha the Gody is for sure a beast man in the style that only the infamous Ken Strode can even hope to compare...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down