Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock the bar suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Stock the bar suggestions Empty Stock the bar suggestions

Post by Rochin54 Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:47 am

Alright - So I am going to a housewarming "stock the bar" party on Friday. This means everyone brings a bottle of liquor instead of a typical piece of tupperware housewarming gift. We were thinking of going in with someone and getting a really nice bottle of scotch or something, but I think we are going to just buy a bottle ourselves and keep it in the 20-25 dollar range. My questions:

1)This seems like an appropriate range for a gift, and gets you a nice quality liquor - am I mistaken?

2) What do I get. My typical drinks include Wild Turkey, Meyers rum, Beefeater or Tanquerey. What are other good ideas?

3) would it be better to join up with someone and get a very nice bottle of liquor? If so, what?

Thanks for the help Pilot faithful!!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Stock the bar suggestions Empty Re: Stock the bar suggestions

Post by Stonehouse Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Hmmm... sounds like a certain Christmas party a certain person once hosted! Smile

It's a tough call, but some creative choices might include any one of the German triumverate: Jagermesiter, Goldschlager, and Rumpleminze.

Prost!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Stock the bar suggestions Empty Re: Stock the bar suggestions

Post by Rochin54 Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:59 pm

I've continued the Christmas party tradition here in South Bend Stoney - honestly some of the most fun parties I've attended. There's just something about a Christmas tree, Christmas music, Christmas sweaters, and potluck liquor that makes a party great!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Stock the bar suggestions Empty Liquor Stock-up

Post by PilotNut Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:25 pm

I think you are in the right range for price; I like bringing a bottle as opposed to joining up with someone.

A good bottle of tequila is always good (the kind without a worm)... and its not a bad idea to stock their bar with something you like, to assure that they have at least one liquor you like. drunken

You cant go wrong with Grey Goose vodka, either...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down