Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megan Rapinoe Named WCC Player of the Year!!!

+11
FANatic
purple haze
Harry Redknapp
fozziewozzie
mattywizz
SoreKnees
ohhh_yeah
Auto Pilot
aleppiek
DaTruRochin
Stonehouse
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Megan Rapinoe Named WCC Player of the Year!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Megan Rapinoe Named WCC Player of the Year!!!

Post by FANatic Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:53 pm

No doubt, Phantom, we will be upbraided for a guess that is inaccurate. I sure have. (Upbraided is clearly too strong of a word. But I really wanted to use it to show everyone how smart I still am!)Megan Rapinoe Named WCC Player of the Year!!! - Page 2 Battle-6

This bunch is far too soccer savvy and demanding of accuracy to try your luck at guessing. So I try to be either be pretty certain, or preface my statement with a caveat that works as a get out of jail free card.

When you hedge, you can make a statement where if you're wrong, someone will just take you aside and kindly correct you. (Like KFTC did for you.)

Trust me, Phantom. Everything I just said has been learned first hand. (Sorry buddy. I feel like I'm informing a new member, rather than talking to an esteemed PN veteran such as yourself. Let's just pretend you are a newbie.)

But I personally like accuracy and the many watch dogs on this forum who keep this thing authentic and highly interesting as a whole. Bow
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Megan Rapinoe Named WCC Player of the Year!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Megan Rapinoe Named WCC Player of the Year!!!

Post by KFTC Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Oh man! I didn't mean it to sound like I was stepping on anyone! I only knew he was from SoCal because I've had friends who've played against him in high school and club and said some interesting and not very flattering things about him.
KFTC
KFTC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:10 pm

Haha yeah, I've heard many not so flattering things about him from people who have played in the pros with him....

Not to mention how high his goal tally could have been if he had any better than marginal finishing ability... I mean Becks practically butters up services so well Landon barely has to do anything haha and more often than not doesn't....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:13 pm

No worries KFTC! FANatic was just being a good wingman. I rather enjoyed being taken to your woodshed! HA! HA! Rolling Eyes
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:29 pm

KFTC you were just fine!

I was merely making a smart aleck post because I'm trying to put off going to bed... Very Happy
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:39 pm

No better way putting off posting than a little PN chatter... Maybe you should eat that left over porkchop you couldn't eat after the #2 seed too!!!

And since this thread is way off base I thought I'd just give MR some more accolades. Every encounter I had with them on campus was very cordial, haha a few times I was just BSing at my job at school and Megan came up to ask a question and we ended up joking around for like 15 mins... (Until my boss came over and put an end to it) That said i gotta say you couldn't have a more down to earth individual and genuinely nice individual win such an award, definitely an asset to the UP community both on and off the field. She will most def be missed.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhh_yeah Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:34 pm

from a few years ago...

Megan Rapinoe Named WCC Player of the Year!!! - Page 2 Fruitcake
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:24 pm

With respect to Megan...I think we should take Donovan out of this thread and discuss him elsewhere. This topic was started in tribute to her. She's the most resilient person and Pilot, I've come to know and love. I will especially miss her tenacity and will to win on the pitch!! She's First Class....World Class through and through! Thanks Megan! Lead us to another College Cup Championship!

RA-PI-NOE! Cool RA-PI-NOE! Cool RA-PI-NOE! Cool

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:50 am

Great picture, ohhh_yeah. Is that almost-Senator Al Franken in the foreground??
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhh_yeah Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:46 am

SoreKnees wrote:Great picture, ohhh_yeah. Is that almost-Senator Al Franken in the foreground??

ha. no, his name is finnegan. he is one of the many in the timbers army.
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:59 am

DaTruRochin wrote:No better way putting off posting than a little PN chatter... Maybe you should eat that left over porkchop you couldn't eat after the #2 seed too!!!

And since this thread is way off base I thought I'd just give MR some more accolades. Every encounter I had with them on campus was very cordial, haha a few times I was just BSing at my job at school and Megan came up to ask a question and we ended up joking around for like 15 mins... (Until my boss came over and put an end to it) That said i gotta say you couldn't have a more down to earth individual and genuinely nice individual win such an award, definitely an asset to the UP community both on and off the field. She will most def be missed.

Just to echo these comments... one of my first days on the job when I was working for the athletic department at UP was picture day. I had to kind of help direct traffic and just make sure it was all going smoothly... not really too difficult. Anyway, I didn't really know anybody and was just kind of standing around watching it all happen, and Megan took the time to come over and talk to me and welcome me. And it wasn't just a short little "hello" - it was a real conversation. And from that point, was always very friendly with me whenever we would see each other around the Chiles Center.

It's just a small thing, but it's a testament to her character and the type of person she is. A true Pilot in every sense, and someone who is so effortlessly easy to root for - both for her determination and tirelessness on the field and for her kindness of spirit and generosity off it.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:01 am

Let me think. You guys are big on formulas. Let me give you one I am thinking about. Megan; US National Team and Pilot Standout (subtract 2 years of injury frustraction and rehab) add one regular season of getting her form and experience back. Add again playing for her still injured sister in her senior and final playoff as a Pilot. = One fired up Megazanian Devil.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2