Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tickets On Sale Wednesday, 11 AM

+4
Geezaldinho
Auto Pilot
aleppiek
Stonehouse
8 posters

Go down

Tickets On Sale Wednesday, 11 AM Empty Tickets On Sale Wednesday, 11 AM

Post by Stonehouse Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:14 pm

Hey everyone... here's some info on tickets/game times:

The first round doubleheader at the Clive Charles Soccer Complex will feature Texas and Washington State at 5 p.m., followed by the Pilots and Lumberjacks at 8 p.m. The winners will advance to the second round game scheduled for Sunday at 1 p.m. Tickets will go on sale Wednesday at 11 a.m. through all Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com, by calling (503) 224-4400 or in-person at the Pilot Box Office.

There will also be a pregame Fan Fest in the Chiles Center on the UP campus starting at 6 p.m.

I would recommend people to get their tickets quickly... don't think they'll go in 6 minutes like they did in 2005, but still... if you want to get tickets together, definitely buy them on Wednesday.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Tickets On Sale Wednesday, 11 AM Empty Re: Tickets On Sale Wednesday, 11 AM

Post by Stonehouse Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:42 am

BUMP

Tickets go on sale in 20 minutes!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:48 am

My money is on a sell out by the end of the day today...
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 am

You know, I really wonder about that.

Last year, the Tennessee game was only very close to selling out, I don't think it quite made it. (Could be wrong on that.)

It has seemed to me that attendance has been a bit down this year. Though I attribute that somewhat to some weird game times and not as many night games (Labor Day was just tough for USC), even the UCLA game didn't sell out. So maybe it's the economy... or just interest has started to wane just a smidge. I mean, we're still getting 3498 in as average, but we were at 3608 last year. I don't know... I guess that's really not much of a difference at all.

ANYWAY... long story short, we have the best fans and best support in the country. And it's not even close.

The end.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Attribute it to the power of advertising. Remember last year there was a freeway billboard that had a picture of the pilots and a statement to the effect of "this is real football"? That alone could be good for a couple hundred tickets a game.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:45 pm

Very good points all around, Holidays and strange start times, less advertising etc... very interesting dynamics. I do think that these games will sell out though.

Washington State could bring a quality contingent for Friday that may stick around for the 2nd game... and with a win could help fill it up for Sunday.

Edit: or maybe not, their attendance this season ranged from 429 vs AZ to 712 vs Gonzaga

Man we are spoiled... they played in front of 198 at Oregon St and 817 at UCLA
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:23 pm

Stonehouse wrote:You know, I really wonder about that.

Last year, the Tennessee game was only very close to selling out, I don't think it quite made it. (Could be wrong on that.)

It has seemed to me that attendance has been a bit down this year. Though I attribute that somewhat to some weird game times and not as many night games (Labor Day was just tough for USC), even the UCLA game didn't sell out. So maybe it's the economy... or just interest has started to wane just a smidge. I mean, we're still getting 3498 in as average, but we were at 3608 last year. I don't know... I guess that's really not much of a difference at all.

ANYWAY... long story short, we have the best fans and best support in the country. And it's not even close.

The end.

Attendance is down slightly this year, but by the end of the weekend, I predict we will set a new Pilots attendance record and be on top the NCAA game average for another year. We already have the best attendance in the Nation by far. Texas A&M, usually our closest competitor for attendance, had a bad year on the field and at the turnstiles.

Last year Merlo had a total attendance of 37710 on 10 dates, for an average of 3771/game. That includes the Tennessee game, which was 4841, or sold out for all practical purposes. Remember, there were some camera placements which obstructed some seat views.

This year the total attendance is 34977 for 10 dates so far, For an average of 3498, about 273 fewer fans per game. We had fewer Friday night and Saturday night games, and a couple of the games were when classes were still going on for the day or when the students weren't in town because of semester break.

We have at least 3 home dates in the tournament if we keep winning. Assuming we get large crowds as we usually do for the tournament games, we could easily go over 47000 for the year, which would set new records for total and average attendance.

From what I can see, It looks like UP didn't do quite as much wiz-bang promotion this year (no Banner, for ex.) So they are probably ahead of last year in net dollar receipts.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:30 pm

I assume that the attendance figures are seats sold, not actual bodies, since they seem to announce a fairly large number even at men's matches where the crowd seems rather sparse.

Related question: Forgive my ignorance, but do the students have to have tickets for regular season matches or do they get in free with an ID? If the latter, they must have some way of counting them to get an attendance figure.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:39 pm

The way it was done when I went (class of 03) was you showed your student ID with athletic sticker at the main gate to get in free, or you could buy a student ticket if you didn't buy the athletic pass. Either way you went through the turnstiles. For the big matches (SCU, ND, UNC, &c.) you had to go to the box office and pick up or buy an actual ticket for the student section.

For the playoffs, the NCAA requires students to pay. That will take care of counting accurately this weekend.

This season, though, I see that students can go in through the gate next to the student section, so I wonder how they are counted during the regular season.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Tickets On Sale Wednesday, 11 AM Empty Coug contingent

Post by RoseCityCoug Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 pm

I certainly hope it will be more than just me and my family Laughing I am really excited for the matches on Friday and plan to stick around and support the Pilots whether the Cougars win or lose. Merlo is a great place to view a match and with the weather report looking good it would be hard to imagine anything less than a sellout.

RoseCityCoug
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Coug,

Welcome, and good luck on Friday. I personally would love to see a NW matchup on Sunday... it is unfortunate for you guys to lose Dallstream and us to be shorthanded as well, but still should be a fun weekend.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:13 pm

RoseCityCoug wrote:I certainly hope it will be more than just me and my family Laughing I am really excited for the matches on Friday and plan to stick around and support the Pilots whether the Cougars win or lose. Merlo is a great place to view a match and with the weather report looking good it would be hard to imagine anything less than a sellout.

I'm hoping to go to the WSU/Texas game to root for the Cougs. I'm thinking the Cougs are going to win that one and send a message about how the West Region compares to the Central Region.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down