Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots best USD 3-2

2 posters

Go down

Pilots best USD 3-2 Empty Pilots best USD 3-2

Post by aleppiek Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:19 pm

Quick summary from me today, exhausted afte a long weekend. USD struck first, had a fair bit of the early run of play, Frankie took a ball up the left sideline and made a nice cross, after some deflection Colin hit a rocket through traffic to tie it up. Hossenmardi hit a "buzzer beater" from about 25 yards that hit post and in to lead the Pilots into the locker room up 2-1. Early in the 2nd half USD went down a player as their captain picked up a 2nd YC. Lots of possession for UP from there highlighted by a deep goal from Frankie, that I will admit I didn't even see. Bummer. USD went all offense late and pulled within 1 and had some dangerous looks to tie it up late. But a great win to end the season for the men.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Pilots best USD 3-2 Empty Re: Pilots best USD 3-2

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:34 pm

It was a great win. Once again, the refereeing was pretty spotty. when they let some sloes and grabbing early, it just turns the green light on for all kids of shenanigans later and eventually somebody gets burned by it. This time it was San Diego.Red Card!

Frankie's shot was a classic boomer into the upper right corner from well left. The keeper jumped at it after it was by him.

Collen's was a nice heads up ground ball from within the box that went trough traffic.

Lastly, Hoseinmardi's score surprised even him, I think.
Stephen, all is forgiven! Very Happy
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down