Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms

+4
DaTruRochin
Stonehouse
FANatic
PurplePrideTrumpet
8 posters

Go down

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Empty Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:29 pm

Of course they're from Nike, and of course, you can mix and match:
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Large_Uniforms
OLive blog entry
The only one I'm not really liking is the one with the giant "O" on it. It actually looks like the top the marching band wears. The script "Ducks" looks really cool, and the pinstripes on the gray are not pinstripes--They're the words to "Mighty Oregon!"

I think they did a pretty good job. It could have been worse (but I'm one of the ones who thinks the football uniforms aren't that bad).
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Empty QUACK!!!

Post by FANatic Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:04 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet - I think the five normal looking uniforms look fine. The one with the Giant O on it is simply not a baseball uniform.

It's hideous, and if I was a prospect considering a NW school, I would eliminate Oregon based on the one ridiculous jersey alone. What is tells me is Oregon is on the cutting rdge of sports fashion, but their fatal flaw is, they don't know when to quit.

That's poor judgement by Ducks Sports Mgmt. and I am also sick of all the football combinations. They have a few great football uniforms. Stick with those.

A few weeks back they had white helmets and jerseys, and yellow pants. Totally absurd and laughable to look at.

They do have at least one tremendous coach: Vin Lanana! Man what a breath of fresh air that guy is.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Empty Re: Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms

Post by Stonehouse Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:12 pm

OK... here's my short rant about baseball jerseys. I appreciate the desire to do something different, but I wish wish wish teams would realize that busy does not equal good. My favorite jersey that I've seen in a long time were the Phillies alternate home jerseys this year - a tribute to the 1930 something or other penant-winning team. They are just sharp... clean... classic. The perfect jersey:

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Phillies

The uniforms with the scripted Ducks are nice (I prefer the one second from the left, with the full sleeves instead of the tank-top one on the right), but the pin-striped road jerseys just do not look nice. Too busy... why a number on the front and that stupid O on the hip? And that random dark green line along the side of the pants? I just don't get it... sigh... call me traditional, but they just made better jerseys 75 years ago than they do now.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Empty Re: Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms

Post by Stonehouse Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:19 pm

Ha ha... the always-great Uni Blog guy chimes in:

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2008/11/06/hey-weve-made-a-joke-out-of-one-sport-so-why-not-shoot-for-another/

The best line? "the annoying thigh logo, the guy wearing his IQ on his chest."

In all fairness, he has been very critical of the Oregon football jerseys and their relationship with Nike, so you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. He's not exactly impartial.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:49 pm

That Phillies jersey is pretty sweet. It kind of reminds me of the Giants home jersey, simple and bold.

Now that I think about it, I don't really like the green one either. I like the good old white and gray. Save the colors for batting practice.

And I may be alone here, which is fine, but I think the Duck football uniforms look pretty cool. Especially the yellow helmets (yeah I said it). When you see them up close they have a subtle flame design on them.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:56 am

My other favorite uniforms...

The all-time clean, classic. Best everyday uniforms in MLB:

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms 539w

And the best of the National League:

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms C0ba4603-ee30-4a9b-8396-ac02068b3e0e_ms
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:42 am

What you don't like things like this?
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Deportes-20020223-08

Or this great way to show off your steroid induced pythons??
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms 2657610308_3e655a1709_o

It could be worse:
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms 400x400_1209917394_spt_ai_sheffwedvnorwich_35

Or just flat out awkward:
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms 0211054392

Anyway as to the Oregon unis... That tertiary O on the legs is just dumb, I mean i guess if the pants are lost then one would see the O and send it back to them... but who monograms their pants?? Honestly?? The fight song is a cute idea but if you are gonna be cliche and do the pinstripe thing, just make them pinstripes and leave the fight song to the cheerleaders... Nike gets a little too creative for their own good sometimes...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:53 pm

Gahh! I thought all the pictures of the "futuristic" Mariners jerseys were burned and the negatives shredded.

The regular Mariners uniforms? Pretty good looking.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:58 pm

I seriously wonder how the really bad designs even get off the drawing board. . . Rolling Eyes scratch

-SciFi

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Header10
SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2007-04-28

http://pilotfans.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:00 pm

What got my attention is the part of the story where someone from UO said something like, "The first designs they showed us were really out there..." Shocked
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:49 pm

Yeah that really is kinda scary... But after unleashing this on the world nothing really surprises me from UO...

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Roboduck
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:05 pm

Ugh. Did he even last a full season? Something went terribly, horribly wrong in the biology labs....
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:24 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:Yeah that really is kinda scary... But after unleashing this on the world nothing really surprises me from UO...

Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Roboduck

MY EYES!!!!! MY EYES!!!!! Shocked

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:39 pm

I just want to know what Roboduck's secret is... those obliques are amazing!!!
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:07 pm

So I actually read the article about the release... Apparently the one with the big O is a throwback to unis they wore in the 70s... Hmmm 70's unis always a good Idea right??

If I were a hitter I would have trouble tracking a pitch with this on the mound... Oh and its nolan ryan too...
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms RyanN-8x10-Rainbow

The Phillies had dark hours too before they saw the light
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Phillies

And even Dave can't save this one...
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms UniformPadres

I wouldn't be the guy to tell this dude he looks like a fool but uhhhhh...
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms 005230951

And those "other" pilots.... shudder...
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Bra

But alas... looking back into the past maybe they should have stuck with the original:
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms 121337421517778700

That script is WAY better than the generic softball/little league grade Nike came up with.... Just toss on the hat with the modern O and you might have a decent, classic looking uniform
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:46 pm

HA! The White Sox jerseys with collars and shorts. I don't see those being made by Mitchell & Ness anytime soon.

Really, there's very few teams that made it through the 70s unscathed.

One jersey that I think is very cool but not talked about is the Colt 45s, who changed their name to the Astros:
Ducks unveil their baseball uniforms Colt5
The gun might would be frowned on today Rolling Eyes but the making the C out of the smoke is really clever. I just thought of this jersey because I was wearing my 45s hat today.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:04 am

Thanks for posting this. I'll enjoy watching them lose to the Pilots and Beavers in those uniforms...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:37 pm

You can actually buy the "regular" white and green jerseys at JustSports in Lloyd Center.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Of course, that post is referring to the Ducks unis from the first entry.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down