Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Coast Conference Preseason Basketball Press conference

5 posters

Go down

West Coast Conference Preseason Basketball Press conference Empty West Coast Conference Preseason Basketball Press conference

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:06 am

Scheduled for 1-3 pm (PT) on Wednesday October 15th.It says one can watch the whole thing on WCCsports.com for free and the Gonzaga and Portland Head coach's are in Group 4 from 2:10-2:30p.m. Any comments? Stonehouse?

Imagine that grouped in the Press Conference with king Gonzaga???? My what a Honor!!! sunny

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

West Coast Conference Preseason Basketball Press conference Empty Re: West Coast Conference Preseason Basketball Press conference

Post by DTLegend Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:17 pm

The WCC flew down a reporter for the beacon. Pretty sweet if you ask me

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

West Coast Conference Preseason Basketball Press conference Empty Re: West Coast Conference Preseason Basketball Press conference

Post by MesaPilot1 Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:38 am

Call me a newbe 13 but I'm alumni of private college in Midwest. I'm assuming Beacon is school newspaper, not Portland area newspaper? The whole news conference event sounds interesting

GO PILOTS! Basketball

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:17 am

Indeed, it is the student paper....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:25 am

Would it have been too much to ask to have them fly down a Pilot Nation representative as well?!

rimshot

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:47 am

Here is the direct link:

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=west

And a schedule:

1:00 p.m. - 1:10 p.m. Welcome Address (Darren Davis, Orleans Arena/Jamie Zaninovich, WCC Commissioner)
1:10 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Group #1 (San Diego and Loyola Marymount head coaches)
1:30 p.m. - 1:50 p.m. Group #2 (Pepperdine and Santa Clara head coaches)
1:50 p.m. - 2:10 p.m. Group #3 (San Francisco and Saint Mary’s head coaches)
2:10 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Group #4 (Portland and Gonzaga head coaches)
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:20 pm

I'm having trouble with the link, any suggestions? Mad........ I think I figured it out....its like my favorite STRETCHNET TV it comes on about 30 seconds before broadcast. I'm sorry I have an education like those students in Spokane obtain lol! . Alright, Alright I'll find some other school to abuse from now on.

As far as a Pilot Nation Rep. , I believe they probably would have purchased a 4 day round trip bus ticket stopping in 42 cities along the way and back . J/Kidding. Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:39 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I think I'm funny, wait untill the folks at work have to endure me all day)

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:35 pm

Hmm... not entirely sure. It looks like it wants to use Microsoft Silverlight, which you will have to install if you don't have it. But if you watched any of the Olympics online this summer, you should already have it.

Also, the link may not be "live" yet.

Anyway, at least we know we can go to the WCC site and get it from there if this ends up as a bad link.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Rev is on now, but the audio is brutal... can hardly understand anything.

They did release the pre-season All-WCC team:

Bouldin
Bryant
Daye
Johnson
Lowhorn
Mills
Pargo
Pomare
Samhan
Simpson

No surprises there...
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:26 pm

Well.... shoot. I hustled back in time to watch Rev speak, but I honestly couldn't understand a word he said. Bummer. Sad

I salute the WCC having the vision to stream this live on the web and I love that they did a true WCC media day event... all very positive steps. It's just a bummer the audio wasn't working. Oh well.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:44 pm

No sound, HEARD APROXIMATELY 25 WORDS OF WHOLE NEWS COVERENCE. Now you can understand what happens with stretchnet TV during some Pilot Games. It can become the pic. that fails most of the time. That's why Mesa Pilot is getting Satellite for most games this year.

Stonehouse, I select the San Diego women's coach as most beautiful,sic. Kerry Keating as most Handsome. Rev as tallest .... etc. That may sound sarcastic. If this is the way the Commisioner is going to start out with CSTV.com productions I kinda regret hiring somebody so young and inexpereinced(sp) who may need a little more seasoning. I guarantee you this does not happen at Big Ten,ACC, Big East, and or SEC functions. I blame him because every CSTV production I've watched (and there were many last yr.) was a beautiful audio and visual production, compared to Stretchnet Productions.
I believe the WCC Commisioner should be one of the persons held accountible for this failed attempt at this video production. One may say "well he's not in charge of AUDIO, CSTV was, but he is in charge of delivering publicity.
IMO What a failed way to start a Mens BB Conference Season thanks to him. What a waste of 2 hours in my day. I just hope he can deliver on his next promotion for the WCC conference. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Wow I FEEL BETTER NOW! Throw the basketball out and lets get the PILOT'S BB season started! Basketball

MP1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down