Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How will Garrett Handle Line-ups For WCC Matches?

5 posters

Go down

How will Garrett Handle Line-ups For WCC Matches? Empty How will Garrett Handle Line-ups For WCC Matches?

Post by FANatic Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:01 am

Garrett has said, and I forget his exact words, that he can no longer rely on the 3 amigas, and that he must start relying on the players who will consitute his playoff unit. I don't see how he can do that without sitting the amigas.

We wouldn't be 10-1, I don't believe, without them. If they can help us gain a #1 seed, they will have left an indelible mark on the season in helping us gain home field throughout the first four games of the playoffs.

But our playoff unit has to take us all the way!

(I do understand that Garrett has an obligation to play the three to keep them in tip-top shape. Realistically, he can't just sit them for the final 7 games.)

This is possibly the most unusual season in any sport at any time of my life that I can remember. It makes my head spin. Arrow
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

How will Garrett Handle Line-ups For WCC Matches? Empty Re: How will Garrett Handle Line-ups For WCC Matches?

Post by aleppiek Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:39 am

I think we will see a decrease in minutes as things progress, with the exception if the SC matchup, I think you can expect to see all 3 of them in that one to ensure a win.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

How will Garrett Handle Line-ups For WCC Matches? Empty Re: How will Garrett Handle Line-ups For WCC Matches?

Post by Auto Pilot Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Remember the short term goals are no shots no goals. The next is win every game. After that is getting a #1 seed for playoffs. After that is winning the prelims. Then the quarter, the semi and finally finishing it off with a national championship.

I think The Three will see 1. as much time as Garrett feels he needs them and 2. enough time to make sure they are fit for the Championships in Chile.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trenchcoat Wally Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:39 am

Are the u-20 WC's always held at this time of every 4th year?
Trenchcoat Wally
Trenchcoat Wally
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:44 am

No, when the u20's are run is largely dictated by when the prime soccer season is in the host country.

Also, the u20 world cup is every two years so there isn't an age gap between events.

Chile and Argentina have two seasons, in the spring (now) and in the fall.
Part of it in this case is also dictated by when stadium time is available. There is a break between the professional season and the playoff and International games, so the first couple of weeks in November is a good time.

By mid December it would be way too hot, and people don't go to soccer games during the holiday season, which starts early to mid-December.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down