Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heights/Weights/New Mugs Posted

4 posters

Go down

Heights/Weights/New Mugs Posted Empty Heights/Weights/New Mugs Posted

Post by Stonehouse Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Check it out:

http://www.portlandpilots.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Hannibal is listed at 270, Hegarty at 320, Knutson at 245, Smeulders at 240 (really?!?), and Stohl at 165. Kramer, Robin, and Jared have all put on some weight, and Hegarty and Jasonn have really slimmed down. Very cool to see that they put the work in this summer. I saw Jared at a volleyball game a few weeks ago and he definitely looked more built than he did last year.

Some pretty funny new mugs too... don't think many people are going to mess with this guy in the paint:

Heights/Weights/New Mugs Posted Hegerty_John-web

Of course, Jasonn could probably learn something from Hegarty about the tough, intimidating look:

Heights/Weights/New Mugs Posted Hannibal_Jasonn-web

Ha ha... can't help but love that guy. Can't wait to see him play this year and see how much he's improved.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Heights/Weights/New Mugs Posted Empty Re: Heights/Weights/New Mugs Posted

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:57 pm

How much weight has Jasonn lost?
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:14 am

Can't remember for sure, but I think Hannibal was listed at 290 or so. But it's not so much weight loss as it is the transformation of his body... from everything I hear, he is rock solid now when he used to be a bit doughy. And his conditioning has really improved too... in the latest Rev Report podcast coach said that at practice a few days ago it was the first time that he can remember that Jasonn kept up the whole time and wasn't sucking wind midway though. A very encouraging sign!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:31 am

Stonehouse,
Maybe you or pilot13 know why there was not a pod-cast by Rev last week. I think maybe you and I are the only one's who listen lol! to it. I sure enjoy it. Especially the background behind that Dunk of Hegarty's over Jasonn that was mentioned in an earlier post. I liked how Rev said that Hegarty was more fired up over Kramer's pass to him than the actual Dunk.
Another TEAM PLAYER which the Pilots need to make up for their lack of 3-5 star recruits with athletism.
I am impressed with what the strength and conditioning coach Brad Scott has done with this team.
It will be great seeing your fav Jasonn ( or he seems to be) out on the court for more than 8 seconds at a time like Rev said was practically his limit with all that excess weight.
Jasonn is probably one of the most gregarious young men on campus from what I've heard from other players. I got the pleasure of meeting him in the Locker room with some of the other players and he is a quality young man. With him , Kramer and Hergarty in the middle I think will be able to accomplish some great progress (maybe .500) this year.
Go Pilot BB I can hardly wait to play Washington this year!

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:02 pm

You know, I'm not sure why one wasn't posted. Hmmmm...

You are 100% right about Brad Scott... he's done a terrific job and really worked with the guys a lot this summer.

I too hope that Jasonn will see some real minutes this year (it's hard not to root for the kid... he's just so goofily lovable out there on the court), but I also know that he will need to work on his intensity out there. I think practicing with guys like Kramer and Hegarty will definitely help with that... Jasonn with Kramer's fire? Now THAT would be something. I still am amazed at how Kramer was able to get some emotion out of Gyno Pomare of USD... I'd never seen that guy change his expression out on the court until Kramer started mixing it up with him. One of my favorite moments of last season for sure!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:02 pm

Oh man, we haven't had a legit consistent post threat since dare i say... Coky?? (And I'll toss in Geddis because the guy really did work his butt off) Sigh... Anyway I'm just stoked to read/listen about the potential bigs we have, it will help our our guards SO much getting open outside looks, not to mention cuts for inside looks if our bigs can establish position... (OK Capt. Obvious I realize, but hey the concept of it happening makes me happy!!) Haha now if only I can get a job in Portland and move down to justify spending some dough on season tix...

P.S. Maybe its the shaved head, but that pic of Hegarty looks like a giant, actually intimidating Derek Raivio... Maybe its just me.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:19 pm

Catching up, I listened to the Rev Report today. There is a 2-parter from 10/2, and one from Asst. Coach Jackson from Thursday. Lots more good stuff. I am excited for the season to begin! bounce

Back to top Go down