Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a question

4 posters

Go down

a question Empty a question

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:15 pm

There was a game earlier this year (I think) when kelsey got kicked in the head when she went down to cover a ball.

Any one remember what game or who the player was who kicked Kelsey?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

a question Empty Re: a question

Post by Auto Pilot Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Poor thing gets kicked in the head much too often. She officially sustained a concusion in a preconference game against UCLA last season. The player who kicked her was Kara Lang. If you are really thinking of a game this year I cannot think of an incident that was of any import or caused her to miss playing time.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:47 pm

I know a couple of weeks ago in practice a ball bounced off the post and hit Kelsey in the head, she had to be checked for a concussion because of her episode last year. Is this what you are thinking of?

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:57 pm

Kelsey had a violent collision in one of the spring games (forget which?). I don't remember that it was a kick to the head...but they did have to take her off the pitch in a wagon. She didn't walk off on her own. She was in tears as they wheeled her past me....probably more of "not again" emotional response to being hurt again than physical pain. Anyway, that's why she was a DNP against the U-23s (which I think was the next spring game). Hailee was in goal in that game.

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:25 pm

GU I remember that injury. She thought she broke her leg or did an ACL or something, it wasn't a head injury.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:47 pm

I was thinking in one of the early games that someone took a run at Kelsey and raked her foot across her head. As you remember, Kara Lang gave Kelsey her concussion last year. In yesterday's game, Lauren Cheney apparently kicked SCU's keeper, and there were accusations on BS that she didn't try to pull up.

So I was just trying to see if there was a pattern, but if no one else can remember such an incident , guess not.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:12 pm

Coach Ellis actually gets mad at her players if they don't beat on the opposition. Too bad because they are playing a more attractive brand of soccer this year. But don't expect them to worry about opponent injuries it is not in the team DNA.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:37 am

Bad Karma! That means UCLA is destined to be title-free until they are more considerate of the health of their opponents.

This is just a game, for Christmasakes! Ellis ought to get some humanity in her veins. Evil or Very Mad

Geezer - On the head kick, you sure your not thinking about the phony head kick in that collection of funny GK moments, that I believe you posted?
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:51 am

FANatic wrote:[b]
[color=indigo]Geezer
- On the head kick, you sure your not thinking about the phony head kick in that collection of funny GK moments, that I believe you posted?

ha ha. No, I'm pretty sure I saw the real deal. I just can't remember what game.

I don't think Kelsey has it in her to do that writhing.....
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down