Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What of Charney Burk?

4 posters

Go down

What of Charney Burk? Empty What of Charney Burk?

Post by FANatic Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:17 pm

I haven't heard anyone mention Charney since last Saturday's heat stroke gala. She came out of high school as a big time national recruit who played attacking mid and had a bit of a Tiffeny Milbrett reputation.

I have thought that the Pilots might have seen her as Wozzie's eventual replacement. Did she play last Saturday? Did she play attacking mid or on the outside?

Appreciate any feedback. Very Happy
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

What of Charney Burk? Empty Re: What of Charney Burk?

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:33 pm

Charney did fine. Remember, this was only a 20 minute scrimmage and meet-and-greet. Players played not necessarily where you'll see them during the season.

Charney played attacking mid and kicked the corners for the white team. She got a couple headers to kreminski that looked dangerous.

The spooky thing for me was how much she looks and carries herself like Milbrett. If I took my glasses off, she looks just like her.
(of course, if I take my glasses off, I run into fir trees)

I'll have to be sure I don't try to make that comparison about her play. There's only one Tiffeny. I'll be happy if Charney is just a great Charney Burke.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Very well put, geez. Whenever I seem to feel the least bit anxious about our team or a player you seem to put me at ease. Very Happy

I do appreciate that. Can't wait to see for myself come Saturday. I feel very good about this match!!! Twisted Evil
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:06 am

geez,
while i wasnt at the intrasquad, i saw charney when she was being recruited an worked up the nerve to ask lauren who she was/is, simply because she looked so much like tiff. if was lauren, when i mentioned the rescemblance, told me she 'plays like tiff too'. thats not my assessment, it's laurens. and while i agree, lets not annoint charney the next tiff, it was lauren who made the comparision. that for me is enough to get excited about!!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:33 pm

All this talk makes me even more excited for the game on Sat. If the frosh are as good as advertised, it could be a long night for the team from Eugene.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:25 pm

I have NO PROBLEM with going 19-0-0 for the regular season. Probably too much to ask. But one can dream at the start of the season, can't they?What of Charney Burk? Asleep-045zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What of Charney Burk? Fantasy-18rapinoe...enyeart...foxhoven...reed...burk...sweeney...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down